Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday - SUCCESS!!!

I'm Back!!!

The last few weeks have been kind of crazy and the last thing I wanted to touch outside of work was my computer.  So, now that things seems to be calming down, I'm back to blogging.

With all of the craziness, workouts haven't been the most consistent - so I'll be getting back Workout Wednesday next week.

This week, I'm doing something new.  I'm linking up with Heather, Ash, Bailey and Amy for Weigh-In Wednesday.

Pretty Strong Medicine

This actually ties in with something new that I started this month.  I've been on a mission to lose ~30 lbs for some time now.  I've "tried" to eat better, changed and increased my workouts, and have essentially gotten no where.  Well, last month I was reading Elle Noel's blog and she was talking about a new meal plan/way of eating that she was starting.  It's based on Macros (the ratio or Protein, Carbs, and Fat in your diet).  I wanted to check it out and see what it was all about.

I started following Ashley Leahy on Instagram (she is the one that did the meal plan).  Ashley works with women to help them achieve their fitness goals.  After seeing the progress of a few of her clients, I decided to email her and find out more.  I immediately knew that I wanted to give working with Ashley a try.

I started the plan on Sunday, June 2.  What she gives you is not a cookie cutter plan.  It is a plan based on you.  You let her know about you and your goals and she devises the plan around that.  I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything either.  In fact, there are some days that I feel like all I do it eat - but the foods that I am eating are much better choices than I was having previously.  You know the numbers that you are supposed to hit every day.  That way if there is something that you are wanting or you go out to eat, you can build the rest of the day around that if you need to.  Once a week I have a high carb day and that is my day to enjoy my beloved Chipotle!

Whether it's just losing weight, toning up, or preparing for bikini competitions (she is literally a Pro competitor herself), she is there for you 100%.  I check in with her every 5-7 days with what is going on and my progress and she always has encouragement for me.  She also makes adjustments as needed to your plan to keep you on track to meet your goals.

So, what has this plan done for me?  Well, last time I weighed in here was on May 29.  That day I was 149.2 lbs.  My official start weight for the program was 147.2lbs on June 2.  Today I am at 143.4!!!  So that's a loss of 3.8 lbs since I started with Ashley 17 days ago and a loss of 5.8 lbs since my last weigh in on here 3 weeks ago.  It doesn't sound like much - but I'm 5'1" so it makes a big difference.  My clothes are fitting better and I've even had people take notice and say something already.  I'd say that is a success!!!

If you are interested in contacting Ashley you can email her here.  She not only provides the meal plan program but also workout plans. I am just doing the meal plan right now, but am looking at possibly adding the workouts after my Tri in  August.  She is wonderful to work with and has also created a community of clients that can become a support system for you during your journey.

I'm SO glad that I found Ashley as it seems that this plan was exactly what my body needed.   I can't wait to see where this journey leads me and I'll take you along for the ride as I track my progress on here.

Next week - back to Workout (and Weigh-In) Wedneday!!

~Kathryn

3 comments:

  1. Fellow grit girl here. I love Ashley and feel so much better since starting her plan. You are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! Every pound counts. I swear it takes so long just to drop one or two, so you celebrate all 5.8 pounds loud and proud girl! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! For me, getting started is the hardest part. I fell off in Januray when we moved and I've struggled to get back into a fitness routine. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete